Snail Ceviche: A Cozumel Favorite
Snail ceviche is a popular dish in Cozumel, Mexico. It is made with fresh snails that are marinated in lime juice, onions, and cilantro. The dish is then served cold with tortilla chips.
- 1 pound of snails, cleaned and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the snails, lime juice, onion, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the snails.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until the snails are cooked through.
- Serve the snails in a bowl with tortilla chips.
- You can use any type of snail for this recipe.
- If you can’t find fresh snails, you can use canned snails.
- The amount of lime juice you use will depend on your own personal preference.
- If you want a spicier ceviche, you can add more jalapeño peppers.
- Serve the ceviche immediately after it is made for the best flavor.
Snail ceviche is a delicious and refreshing dish that is perfect for a summer meal. It is easy to make and can be customized to your own personal preferences.